Founded in 2012, Hyperdrive Innovation Limited design and manufacture lithium-ion battery systems for powering off-highway and material handling vehicles as well as stationary and portable energy storage systems. Named 40th in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list as one of the fastest growing British technology firms, our customers include JCB, Northern Powergrid and the world’s largest online grocery retailer.
Due to the growth of the Company, we require a customer facing Quality Engineer to join our team at our HQ in Sunderland. Reporting into the QHSE Manager, you will be responsible for and required to carry out the following duties:
- Promote a culture of a quality product first time with zero defects.
- Comply with all relevant HSE legislation and site H&S policies and procedures.
- Challenge yourself, others, processes, and procedures to guarantee safety and prevent quality issues in the field.
- Encourage participation and promotion of quality responsibilities amongst employees through standards, training, supervision, and effective communication.
- Ensure that employees are fully trained and aware of the necessary quality standards.
- Provide guidance and leadership on any product quality issues within the manufacturing process.
- Create and update documentation supporting production operations, ie, work instructions, quality alerts and visual instructions.
- Liaise directly with employees to ensure quality issues are communicated and dealt with effectively whilst adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Lead the root cause and corrective action investigations for identified quality concerns.
- Conduct internal audits to ISO9001 and ISO14001 requirements.
- Assist in external audits.
- Engage directly with a diverse range of blue-chip international customers to manage their concerns and where necessary attend customer quality meetings, both within the UK and internationally.
- Improve product quality and reduce internal non-conformance levels through process improvement.
- Assist in the creation of control plans and maintaining document control.
If you are qualified to a minimum of HNC level in mechanical engineering with at least 2 years experience working as a Quality Engineer or Senior Quality Technician, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment, we want to hear from you.
You will be a dynamic individual with a proactive approach to work and have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and listening communication skills which will enable you to confidently interact with all stakeholders.
Your engineering skills will enable you to read and interpret technical drawings and to use a range of various measurement techniques. Experience with 8D reports, the customer non-conformance process and knowledge of root cause analysis techniques is essential as is experience of new product introduction following a development process such as APQP. In addition to being able to work under pressure and on your own initiative whilst being levelheaded, fair and flexible, you will have experience of Quality Control including Customer and Supplier Liaison, a good understanding of ISO9001 and ISO14001 and have carried out internal auditing to these standards, preferably IRCA trained. Experience of ISO/TS221163:2017 would be of benefit.
Computer literate, you will have an understanding of Document Control and experience of PFMEA & Control Plans.
If you would like to receive a competitive salary with flexible working hours, employer contributable pension, occupation sick pay and a minimum of 25 days annual holiday, send your CV no later than 10th July together with a covering letter stating your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org