Hyperdrive Innovation based at the Future Technology Centre in Sunderland, is a growing technology and manufacturing business with a track record of developing and integrating innovative Lithium-ion battery systems for electric and hybrid electric powered vehicles. All development, production and integration is undertaken by Hyperdrive in the UK and energy storage systems incorporate our in-house developed Battery Management System (BMS) hardware and firmware.
Due to the growth of the Company, we require an Electronics Engineer to join our fast paced, dynamic team. Reporting to the Principle Electronic Engineer you will be responsible for and required to carry out the following duties.
- Develop electronics specification documents from general specifications.
- Knowledge of design for EMC and manufacture.
- Design and develop electronic systems and products for BMS applications.
- Assist in managing and grow the database of parts in Altium studio.
- Detailed design of analogue and digital electronics.
- Perform commissioning test and first article inspection of electronic boards and assemblies.
- Participate in formal and informal peer reviews at different stages of development.
- Work closely with our customers to capture and implement their requirements using user stories
- Contribute to multi-disciplined teams on a number of projects
The successful applicant will be a confident and credible, with the ability and presence to represent Hyperdrive to customers at a technical level. Likely to have considerable experience after graduation, showing strong career progression in a highly technical industry such as automotive, robotics, power generation or marine.
Having a process-orientated attitude you should be able to demonstrate your ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and have the flexibility to meet tight deadlines where required. You should show a willingness and enthusiasm to acquire information and knowledge through self-development and learning from others whilst sharing your own knowledge and experience with the team.
Experience in the following areas are required:
- Graduate in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechatronics with strong commercial electronic skills.
- Schematic Layout and PCB capture.
- Design skills from first principals.
- Sound understanding of structured design using Agile and Waterfall methods and a tidy methodical approach.
- Experience of firmware
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with their knowledge and experience.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, together with a covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com
*No agencies please