Hyperdrive Innovation based at the Future Technology Centre in Sunderland, is a growing technology and manufacturing business with a track record of developing and integrating innovative Lithium-ion battery systems for electric and hybrid electric powered vehicles. All development, production and integration is undertaken by Hyperdrive in the UK and energy storage systems incorporate our in-house developed Battery Management System (BMS) hardware and firmware.
Due to the rapid growth of the Company, we require a Senior Embedded Engineer to join our fast paced, dynamic team. Reporting to the Principle Embedded Engineer, you will be responsible for and required to carry out the following duties.
The successful applicant will be degree qualified with a minimum of six years experience in a production firmware environment. Experience of C and formal embedded firmware designs is essential, and you should be able to demonstrate the ability to meet the challenges and opportunities faced by a small, growing business.
Having a process-orientated attitude you should be able to demonstrate your ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and have the flexibility to meet tight deadlines where required. You should show a willingness and enthusiasm to acquire information and knowledge through self-development and learning from others whilst sharing your own knowledge and experience with the team.
You should be a good communicator, both written and verbal with excellent interpersonal skills as well as showing a confident and professional approach with all stakeholders.
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Design and develop code following Hyperdrives Coding standard.
- Maintain and expand a suite of C firmware for ARM (Keil uVision) and Microchip (XC8) for legacy firmware.
- C# and Labview for PC test applications
- Write new firmware using formal methods and adhering to the companies new coding standards.
- Review the approach of software test to release and identify and implement recommendations, create firmware test plans as well as developing firmware.
- Participate in formal and informal peer reviews at different stages of development.
- Work closely with our customers to capture and implement their requirements using user stories
- Contribute to multi-disciplined teams on a number of projects
Job-Holder Requirements, Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Graduate of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering with strong commercial firmware skills.
- Excellent C programming skills
- Sound understanding of structured design using Agile and Waterfall methods and a tidy methodical approach
- Experience of event driven firmware control, state machines and procedural programming.
- Good understanding of microcontroller peripherals / drivers
- Experience of communications busses: Serial, SPI, I2C, CANBus,
- Experience of GIT and JIRA
- Basic understanding of electronics, especially microcontroller interfacing
Core competencies and skills:
- Evaluation of legacy codebases and bug finding.
- Work under pressure with realistic deadlines and focused development.
- Work in a team and independently
- Able to prioritise and plan individual tasks effectively
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with their knowledge and experience.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, together with a covering letter stating your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
*No agencies please