Hyperdrive Innovation based at the Future Technology Centre in Sunderland, is a growing technology and manufacturing business with a track record of developing and integrating innovative Lithium-ion battery systems for electric and hybrid electric powered vehicles. All development, production and integration is undertaken by Hyperdrive in the UK and energy storage systems incorporate our in-house developed Battery Management System (BMS).
Due to the growth of the Company, we require a Product Development and Integration Engineer to join our fast paced, dynamic team. Reporting to the Product Development and Integration Manager you will be responsible for and required to carry out the following duties.
- Develop and test state of the art battery and hybrid systems.
- Integrate Hyperdrive battery products into various applications ranging from vehicles to power generation and UPS systems, working closely with customers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Hyperdrive Battery Management Systems.
- Carry out in-depth testing and integration of battery systems.
- Provide detailed reporting and documentation for work carried out.
- Provide training and support to Hyperdrive customers.
- Develop innovative methods to constantly improve our products and testing methods.
- Provide timely feedback and reporting to the design teams for product improvement.
- Develop product specifications and manuals.
- Write test procedures.
- Develop DVP&R process and assist with FMEA’s.
The successful applicant will be confident and credible, with the ability and presence to represent Hyperdrive to customers at the highest technical level. Likely to have considerable experience after graduation, showing strong career progression in a highly technical industry such as automotive, robotics, power generation or marine.
Having a process-orientated attitude you should be able to demonstrate your ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and have the flexibility to meet tight deadlines where required. You should show a willingness and enthusiasm to acquire information and knowledge through self-development and learning from others whilst sharing your own knowledge and experience with the team.
Candidates should be educated to HND / BEng(Hons) in Electronics, Electrical, Systems Engineering or have significant industrial experience.
Experience in the following areas are required:
- Testing and development of products.
- Excellent attention to detail and adherence to quality standards.
- Ability to read test plans, interpret test results and to conduct investigations.
- Good problem solving and IT skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with customers.
- Understanding of electronics, mechanical systems and firmware.
- Experience of setting up safe systems of work and a good attitude towards safety.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- The ability to work flexibly and to deadlines.
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with their knowledge and experience.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, together with a covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com
*No agencies please