Hyperdrive Innovation based at the Future Technology Centre in Sunderland, is a growing technology and manufacturing business with a track record of developing and integrating innovative Lithium-ion battery systems for electric and hybrid electric powered vehicles. All development, production and integration is undertaken by Hyperdrive in the UK and energy storage systems incorporate our in-house developed Battery Management System (BMS) hardware and firmware.
Due to the rapid growth of the Company, we require a Project Manager to join our fast paced, dynamic team. Reporting to the Head of Projects, you will be responsible for and required to carry out the following duties.
Assists in translating business strategy into work programs and processes for an assigned customer account(s) (projects). May provide guidance to lower-level positions while gaining extensive knowledge and skills through education and experience to manage a customer relationship. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
- Manages a piece of the customer relationship (project management delivery) through direct interaction with customers
- Manages and ensures adherence to Business Project Life Cycle Process
- Prepares internal weekly reports to demonstrate project performance against cost, time and quality criteria
- Manages full project budget throughout entire project life cycle to ensure delivery with expected margins realised
- Contributes to the forecast & variance process in Company’s financial process
- Creates and manages project plan, collaborating with engineering, purchasing and production leads to ensure resources are available to deliver
- Assists the Head of Projects in day to day business needs and management.
- Supports Business Review process against agreed KPIs
- Supports Business Quality improvement agenda
- Supports continuous business improvement initiatives
- Provides indirect leadership to more junior positions on team (including peers with less project management experience)
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proven track record of successful project management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs
- Displays potential for developing leadership skills with ability to move into a higher level role, i.e., Programme Manager, Portfolio Manager, Head of Projects
- Solid project management skills with demonstration of expertise at all phases of the project life cycle
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company position
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years work-related experience required across full project life cycle, preferably in Engineering, Financial or Manufacturing Operations fields.
- Specific expertise in planning and estimating desired but not essential
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, together with a covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com
*No agencies please